|Trip Theme:||Cultural Heritage, Wine Tasting,
Baroque Architecture of Vojvodina Region
- Trip to Fruška Gora Mt with a visit of two monasteries from 15th and 16th centuries.
- Trip to the town of Sremski Karlovci, known for the best preserved monuments of baroque integration of architecture. The program includes sightseeing of central square:
The Four Lions Fountain (1790) built in the baroque style, St. Nicolas Cathedral (1758), Patriarchy residence, Town Hall (1805), Pharmacy (1890), Gymnasium of Karlovci (1791) – the oldest Serbian gymnasium, The Chapel of Peace, built in the memory of the famous Karlovci Peace Treaty that was signed between the countries of the Christian Alliance and Turkey in 1699, ejecting the Ottomans from Vojvodina and Croatia.
- Wine tasting and appetizers at one of the wine cellars in Sremski Karlovci.
Wine tasting includes degustation of international wines and local wine varieties such as Bermet, Riesling, Portugieser and others.
- Trip to the city of Novi Sad, the capital of Serbian autonomous province Vojvodina (10 km).
The program includes sightseeing of the Petrovaradin Fortress, built right next to Novi Sad, on the right bank of the Danube. The fortress is a powerful fortifying construction made in the 17th century by the model of European fortress building system, but one of the largest one (extends to more than 110 hectares) and the most preserved. This is the fortress where Austrian army defeated the Turks in the late 17th century and put an end to the Turkish threat to Central Europe.
- After the visit to Petrovaradin, excursion will end with historical and cultural sightseeing of Novi Sad’s downtown.
Foreign-language tour guide, transfer
Lunch and wine degustation, museum tickets, personal expenses
For more information, prices and availability